Sunday, October 17, 2010

Apple Day 2010

Here are the apples. Nathan went up to the orchard and brought home 28 bushels of apples. Don't worry, it wasn't all for us. There were a total of 6 families that wanted apples. Three of the familes had their own apple day, the other two joined us yesterday.
Emmett and Troy enjoyed the swings while we worked.

Justin did a great job chopping apples and fingers. Unfortunately, so did I.
Rachel helped the boys crank the sauce, wearing their chefs hats and aprons.

Rachel and Lyle

Mike working hard, getting the bags ready.

Nathan helping Brennan.

Lyle really getting into it.

All the boys enjoying the beautiful day.

After all the hard work, the boys decided to color their noses with sidewalk chalk. At least they didn't color the sidewalk with their noses.
The Finished Product.

2 comments:

Rick and Beth said...

I love the chefs hats and aprons! Did you get them? I agree, at least they didn't color the sidewalk with their noses. That's so funny!

Deb and Craig said...

What a fun trip through your Applesauce Day-Camp. Looks like fun was had by all. But there are no pictures of the applesauce mom behind the camera. SOOOOO the trip is not actually complete. Not all attenders were recognized. I have had the pleasure of tasting this 2010 applesauce product and give it the highest award of *DELICIOUSNESS* CUTE! CUTE! CUTE1 chefs hats & aprons. So glad the noses did not meet the sidewalk - I flinch & moan at such a thought.